|COUNTDOWN TO WHD 2022|
The Theme of WHD 2022 is "Hydrography - contributing to the United Nations Ocean Decade".
The Nigerian Navy Hydrographic Office (NNHO) is pleased to announce that the 2022 WHD Celebration will be held at the Admiralty Conference Centre, Naval Dockyard, Victoria Island Lagos from 20 – 21 June 2022. The theme for this year is “Hydrography – Contributing to the United Nations Ocean Decade”. The theme is designed to highlight the relevant contributions of hydrography as a discipline of applied sciences to the United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021– 2030).
Prospective participants are invited to submit papers emphasizing the contribution of hydrography to the development of scientific knowledge towards advancing the United Nations General Assembly (UN-GA) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with particular emphasis on SDG 14, Life Below Water. The goal involves the conservation and sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development and hydrography has been identified as a key driver for achieving this Goal. Consequently, the Conference is seeking paper submissions related to the theme. The papers should also highlight the role of the NN in charting Nigeria’s waters and implications for national development within the framework of the SDGs.
Authors are encouraged to adopt the following guidelines:
- The paper must be original and should not have been previously published.
- The paper should be written in formal English language using MS-Word (.doc or .docx format only).
- The paper is to be neatly typed, double spaced in Times New Roman font size 14 not exceeding 15 pages
- Five keywords are to be involved in the abstract.
- Full names, emails and phone numbers of authors and affiliations must be included.
Submissions are required to meet the format set by the Conference Planning Committee and are subject to review. Online submission should be done via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Deadline for submission of Abstracts – 31 March 2022
- Notification of Acceptance – 15 April 2022
- Deadline for final paper submission – 31 May 2022
Registration is open to the general public to reserve seats at the venue. Early registration will enable the secretariat prepare certificates of participation and it saves prospective attendees the stress of queueing at the venue of the conference.Register Here!.